I am an experienced creative project manager, client relationship manager, writer, and visual communications designer working in tech, apparel, and multidisciplinary creative fields.
I use my powerful toolbox to make business and relationships stronger, with a focus on social responsibility, transparency, and RELENTLESS improvement. Let’s work together.
- 7+ years in Project Management and Design
- Creative Project Management
- B2B and Internal Communications
- Proposal & Policy Writing
- Copy Writing, Content Strategy
- Visual Communication Design
- Documentation Creation & Management
- Client Relationship Management
- Equity +Inclusion 🖤
- Sustainability ♻️
- Innovation 💡
- Empathy 🤗
- Honesty 🧐
- Pineapples 🍍
I’ll be an invaluable asset to your getting-it-done team.
Custom Project Manager, Destira, Inc., December 2019 — Present
Gymnastics apparel company dedicated to designing and developing perfect-fitting garments that inspire and empower young athletes.
- Helped to grow our book of business by over 20% in 2019, exceeding $1M in sales for the first time in the program’s history.
- Develop, implement, and maintain company’s first formal internal project management system. Created customized internal documentation and provide ongoing user support for multiple teams.
- Developed and launched first formal program policies for internal and external clients.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop promotions for Custom Program over web, email, and social.
- Codify brand voice and create written content for web and social.
- Co-lead in social responsibility initiatives, focusing on internal teams, community, and clients
- Collaborate with Production team to see each project through manufacture and delivery.
- Resolution of post-delivery complaints and errors.
Project Manager, Upswept Creative, October 2016 — December 2018
Small-but-fierce creative studio specializing in web, brand, and social media to help small businesses and non-profits connect with their ideal audiences, beautifully.
- Guide projects through scheduling, contracts, creative check-ins, and approvals from project kick-off and discovery, to completion, launch, maintenance and revisions.
- Define and plan brand, web, and social media projects based on unique goals and objectives.
- Develop and write responses to inquiries from prospective clients and RFPs.
- Collaborate with creative and development lead to generate and maintain project timelines and budgets.
- Communicate project status, direction, and deadlines to both internal and external clients.
- Review creative and marketing submissions, revisions, approvals, and invoicing.
- Write, research, and manage project documentation for clients.
- Create and managed internal documentation and wikis for future internal use.
- Implement and maintain CRM as part of being primary client liaison and relationship manger.
Senior Design Consultant, Inqune, 2013 — 2017
Sales tools and trainings that drive revenue and fuel growth for small and mid-sized cloud software companies.
- Designed online sales enablement training and employee onboarding courses with multiple development tools.
- Designed, migrated, and organized learning modules in Litmos and Confluence.
Design Manager, Stealing Time Magazine, 2012
Visual concept, design, and layout of the first four issues of this now-defunct literary magazine for parents.
- We made a magazine!
Marketing toolkit for .design partners, such as RGD (Association of Registered Graphic Designers), to use in promoting the .design top-level domain to their members
Interactive, e-book-style Sales Playbook Guides
Setting a dialog of letters and lectures to paper and ink
Public-Facing Writing Samples
Upswept Creative uses their blog to demonstrate expertise, generate excitement about our the and the services offered, educate, and share the work of some of their clients.
The first in our Professional Spotlight series was Katie Proctor of Books with Pictures, in April 2017. Katie was a natural first subject as our philosophies are closely aligned, and we’re super proud of the brand identity we’ve helped establish for Books with Pictures.
I wrote Congratulations! Your Website is Live! almost entirely so that I could include the link in the pre-launch materials that I send to clients when we’re doing QA for their new websites. Sharing our processes and the ideas behind them feels like being a good neighbor.
Other posts like How to Give Feedback to Your Designer and Design Monsters: Scope Creep are meant for designers and clients alike. Fellow creatives may want to start a conversation about these common experiences, and clients can get some insight into potential stumbling blocks before they get in our way.
Education + Publication
I attended the Master’s Program in Writing and Book Publishing at Portland State University, from which I also earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree with high honors. I studied Communication, Writing, Philosophy, and Ethics.
As a graduate student, I co-founded the Ooligan Press Sustainable Publishing Initiative and co-authored the first edition of the book, Rethinking Paper & Ink: The Sustainable Publishing Revolution.
Bonus (Bullet) Points for Reading to the Bottom of the Page! 👏
- Throughline, Reply All, and Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls are my favorite podcasts this week.
- My first jobs were in bakeries and cafés, making bread and pastries — which means, yes, I would love to bring the cookies.
- I’ve been getting around Portland mostly by cargo bike since a thief drove my car out of Forest Park in 2010.